- The theme of the world mission Sunday “Here I am sent me”
- Mission of Christ to the Church is still the same today. It is the same proclamation of the Gospel.
- Each era has its own specific problems that influences this proclamation
- Mission is a way of life, a lifelong commitment.
- Conversion is an attraction to Christ.
- Mission is a gift and gratuitous gift of the Holy Spirit with Christ as the Chief Evangeliser.
- Mission should not be ones individual initiative or promotion of oneself, advertising oneself but doing what one has been sent to do.
- Even if we do not see the fruits our missions immediately, God at His own time will make our missions bear fruit.
- Every baptised person must not keep the joy of knowing Christ to himself or herself.
- The New Challenge of Mission today is getting to those left behind- the Marginalised, the forgotten, the oppressed, the discriminated against.
- Finally, an outgoing Church is a church with open doors.
By Divine Cyril Ahorsu
posted by: Mark